Saturday 18 August 2007

Criminy Gibbets

Not much to say really. Am a few cans drunk, just got back from brother's birthday soirée in mate's car, arranged to go walking with her up the Hallow side of the Severn later in the week - it's all pretty mellow round my end, no theatrics, thank god.

Did my first oil painting on Wednesday/Thursday, below (more online here )


Not bad for a first attempt, many faults in it, and not quite the standard I'd demand. Still, with practice I'll get better. I hope I can be arsed, i.e. not get bored in the process of getting good.

Am teaching myself trigonometry to make up for lack of education (went to art college instead, where, I might add, I learnt nothing about art except that you need to be a prize wanker to succeed).

-------------------------------------

Optimism 7/10

Thoughts of death and/or madness 2/10

Frustration 10/10 as usual

No comments: